Tuesday, June 08, 2010

plans

Today I have 4 hours of babysitting with no teaching!  The school year is wrapping up; I have a half schedule of students this week and just one or two starting next.  I have so many things on my to-do wish list it's hard to know where to start.  And frankly, I'm so sleepy lately that maybe a nap is in order.  I scheduled an eye appointment so maybe that will end up taking up the whole time too.

In any case, I'm looking forward to more time this summer to devote to my office and piano time.  I would like to make some updates to my website, like adding a link to the "Nursing Our Future" video that uses my music and adding a place where people can submit public performance of my works info to me, finish polishing the sheet music of River Dawn and Shenandoah and post those up for sale, etc.   Updating fan lists and connecting, etc etc. For piano, I have a concert in January that I need to finalize the program for (thinking about tackling a Keith Jarrett transcription).  I would also like to get my home studio set up for recording.  I bought a great microphone over a year ago and have yet to get it set up and working, alas.  Grant applications, etc etc... I guess the list could go on and on.  I have not been at a computer other than to glance through e-mails and do Twitter and Facebook posts in ages and ages.  Even the social network posts I'm doing mostly from my iPod while nursing, so I'm not sure that even counts as computer time.

I wish I had been practicing more lately but after I performed Ginastera at Andrea Clearfield's Salon in April, all my free time ended up being filled with gardening and housework.  The Salon was great-I thought it very cool that my classical playing got several people interested in my own music and I sold an album or two afterwards.  Wishing that I could get a copy of the recording of that evening, but the guy who recorded it hasn't responded to my e-mails over 6 weeks- wondering what's going on there.  I do have a video of my performance that hubby took so I guess I will need to sift through that myself and edit out my performance.  Funny how I spent all this time working on my classical technique over the past year or two and my technique is a million times past where it was before- but sometimes I feel like it never happened, as I was hoping for a testimonial from my Maine concert and a recording of some sort, but neither has materialized (yet).  Oh well, all the work I put in will certainly change my own music for the better.  Wishing that I was feeling more inspired lately to write some more music but nothing seems to come... no surprise though as it's not like I spend a lot of time in the studio.  I play during baby's naptimes but really only lullaby relaxing type stuff, and lately he's been napping in the crib anyway so I've been distracted by housework while he sleeps.

on the baby front, he's adorable (of course) and it's so amazing to watch him learn and grow every day!

No comments: