Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day Dinner

So I decided to take an afternoon yesterday and make dinner for my sweetie for valentine's day. Here's a pic of dinner... the tofu heart recipe was from Vegetarian Times, and the pistachio yogurt peas recipe I found on the internet... It all turned out very yummy... ending with a low-fat chocolate cake complete with amaretto-apricot glaze I got from Mollie Katzen's Low Fat Moosewood cookbook (one of my most very favorite cookbooks!). The coolest part of all was that I already had almost all the ingredients... I had to run out for fresh peppers, eggplant and basil (which I felt a little guilty about buying the heart of winter...), but I had the tofu, peas, pistachios, yogurt, etc etc...

We have already bought our CSA share for veggies from a local farm throughout the upcoming growing season, and I think I'll be buying a fruit share from a local orchard as well... I can't wait until the fresh veggies start coming in!! I'm also going to try starting some veggies from seed in my basement this year... should be fun.

happy eating!
CM

No comments: